Monday, September 04, 2006

We made it...

We just arrived at the Rex Hotel in Saigon. It is very nice.

The drive from the airport proved that this place is much more different than we imagined. Motor bikes were everywhere. Young, old, even babies were commuting on them. The business reminded me of Manhattan, but more chaotic.

Today we rest, and tomorrow we leave for Ninh Thuan (where the orphanage is) at 5:30 AM. It is an 8 hour drive, but we are so excited to meet little Liam.

Thanks for your thought and prayers. I will try to post some pictures later.

Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

3 comments:

Marci said...

Hey guys! I am glad to hear that you arrived safely. I can't wait to read what you post after you have gotten to meet the baby. I am so excited for you guys, I can't believe this is happening! It is awesome. Still no baby Malachi as of 10:30am. Will keep you posted. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys arrived safely. Hopefully traffic will be easy and you won't have to all ride on motor bikes.

Nikki said...

Eagerly awaiting another update! Hope to see pictures VERY soon! Aiden went on a walk tonight with Taijen, Freddy and his Lala, I hear they had a great time.
Rita called me with some exciting news just a little while ago;)