Monday, September 11, 2006



It was another early morning here in Vietnam. We woke up today at about 5:00AM. Not because Liam woke us up, but because Chaunta couldn’t sleep. We are staying at the Rex Hotel in Saigon. They have a breakfast buffet, and we really enjoyed it. Chaunta even found cheesecake on it this morning.

Liam is still really happy, but has the occasional temper tantrum. He has been so accommodating to our tourist activities. Nikki loaned us a baby sling and we have toted him all over Saigon the last few days in it. We have done a lot of shopping here. Things are so cheap. A lot of the big name brands in the US are manufactured here and imported. So the same things that we pay big bucks for at home are only $3-4 here. We have stocked up on several items. Additionally, we have bought the boys some traditional Vietnamese Aoi Doi’s. We plan to have the pictures done in them when we get home.

Taking advantage of the many choices here, we had pizza and pasta for lunch today. Surprisingly enough, it was very good. We did have a Vietnamese food for dinner tonight. I just love the Vietnamese spring rolls with peanut sauce. The restaurant we went to was very nice, but not really kid friendly. Liam learned to drink out of a straw tonight. He loved our fresh fruit juices (strawberry, banana, pineapple, and orange). I think that is what I will miss most when we get home. I have really enjoyed all the fresh fruit and juices.

We filed Liam’s passport paperwork today and also filed his I-600 (Petition to Classify Orphan as Immediate Relative) form with the US Embassy today. We hope to have our interview tomorrow.

Well it is off to bed. Little Liam already did...it looks like he has the right idea. Untill tomorrow...

5 comments:

NANCY said...

Ahww what a beautiful story!God bless you ALL!

Marci said...

Hey guys! I am glad you are having a good time. We miss you here. Aiden was so sweet at Shane's party. We showed him the website and he kept saying "momma" and "daddy" and smiling. We all kinda teared up. I had another dream about your new little man, guess maybe we are gonna be good buddies or something. Love you guys!

Marci

jackson said...

Hello everyone. I miss you all very much. I love all of the photos that you have taken of Liam. He is so precious. It is so wonderful that he has taken to you so well. You are both such awesome parents. I'm going to your house to see if Aiden can go to the park with the kids and myself tomorrow. I miss the little guy so much. I cant wait to see you soon, so be safe and I love you all.

Erika

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness! He is so stinkin cute!
Hugs and kisses to all of you!
I am so jealous of the yummy food you guys are getting! Eat some good curry for me!

Linda B. said...

Hello! The pics are just adoreable! Can't wait to hold Liam and play with him and Aiden!